Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Out of bed at 7am

Reluctantly I dragged my sleeping butt out of bed this morning. My rabbit was running around me in circles thinking I was up to play with him so I had one hand on my exercise pants and one hand petting him trying to make him think that yes, I had gotten up just for him. I carry alot of guilt with this rabbit. I feel bad that he doesn't have a friend. He doesn't like my husband so in effect, I'm his whole world. Rabbits are the cutest pets in the world but they are very picky about who they love and don't like to be picked up. Or at least mine doesn't. He let's me only because he loves me.
I digress. I got up, put my exercise pants on and did two miles this morning. It's over with today, thank God. I don't have to run again for another two days. The great part of running? You always feel like you've accomplished something. You're out there freezing your butt off or sweating to death but you're completely alone with your music and you can feel your body getting stronger with every pump of your arms and pounding of your foot. You become aware of your breath, your lungs, you think through things, solve problems in your head. It's such a liberating experience.
Go out and run.

No comments:

Post a Comment