It's less than five weeks away now. I am running the ING Miami Half Marathon, and for all of you runners out there that snicker and say that you've been there, done that. Well, I haven't and it's new to me.
I don't really know why I decided to run in the first place. My husband tried to get me to run a few years ago in one of his hundreds of attempts to get me in shape. I flat out refused to run much and he eventually gave up.
Here I am, a couple of years later fighting to get up on Saturdays at 6:00am so that I can go lead a running group that nobody ever shows up to. I post posters, leave notices online and still I run. Alone.
This weekend I ran six miles. A couple of months ago, I could only run a mile without dying so this makes me extremely proud.
What keeps me running is the fact that I have found a job where it's basically my job to run the Miami ING 1/2. Next year I'll be doing the full if I can muster the courage.
Basically, I'm starting this blog so that I can motivate myself to keep running. If I blog about it on a regular basis, maybe I can keep motivated.
My 2010 Goals are:
1. Finish the 1/2 (woohoo!)
2. Become Fearless in 2010 (I'm working on how to accomplish this)
3. Spend one day a week in Meditation and talking to a higher being (in my case God and Jesus)
4. Eat green or leafy veges every single day
5. Fill my head with positive influences and motivational tapes (I've had a tough year, what can I say?)
6. Stick to a budget- yes it's a problem for many but I actually have a budget. My problem is wasting money on the crap that doesn't matter and then having to re-adjust my budget every day to accomodate that.
7. Finally learn the electric guitar.
That's it- it's not ten but honestly, I don't think I could remember 10 so don't hold it against me.
I will run On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and exercise on weights, etc. on Sunday. Wish me luck!
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment